Embrace the magic of wild Botswana with this adventurous DreamBreak in Gaborone, the nation’s capital city. During your stay, you’re invited to learn, play, unwind and have fun. Don’t forget your camera! You’ll want to capture every moment of your wonderful time here — especially the exciting game drive in Mokolodi Nature Reserve on Day 2.
Mokolodi Reptile Park & Sanctuary
With more than 300 species of birds and 50 species of large mammals — including the endangered white rhinoceros — it’s the perfect place to explore native wildlife. As your driver traverses the landscape by open-air vehicle, keep an eye out for warthogs, zebras, baboons and so much more. Then, you’ll visit Mokolodi Reptile Park & Sanctuary, a facility within the park that’s dedicated to protecting injured, sick or orphaned animals. (Admission to the sanctuary is subject to the availability of Mokolodi park staff.)
Gaborone – Museum, and Art Gallery
Back at the hotel, you can spend the rest of your leisure time in whatever way you like. Get comfortable with a good book or refreshing drink in the tranquil setting of the conservatory, cool off in the pool, or try your luck at the on-site casino. If you’d rather, you can head off the property to discover the charms of Gaborone on your own. To get a good look at the city and surrounding areas, climb to the top of Kgale Hill, nicknamed “Sleeping Giant.” Historical sites in the city center include the Three Dikgosi Monument and Statue of Sir Seretse Khama, the first president of Botswana. Nearby, the National Museum and Art Gallery house a permanent collection of traditional and modern African and European art.
No matter what you decide to do and see, be sure to fuel up each morning of your trip with included breakfasts at the hotel’s Savuti Grill.
What we love:
• The adjacent casino means you don’t have to go far to try your luck at the slots, roulette or blackjack.
• After a day in the sun or a game of tennis, jump in the refreshing outdoor pool or cozy up in a poolside lounge chair.
• Take advantage of your hotel’s proximity to the nearby Gaborone Golf Club and treat yourself to a round at this 18-hole African bushveld course.
Holiday Package -What’s Included
• Half-day game drive at Mokolodi Nature Reserve on Day 2 (9:30 a.m.); includes admission fees and transportation by a professional driver-guide. See Additional Information for details and restrictions.
• Visit Mokolodi Reptile Park and Sanctuary on Day 2; includes admission, conservation fees, and transportation by a professional driver-guide.
• Complimentary welcome drink at the hotel.
• AVANI Club Room benefits, including access to the hotel’s exclusive PEO lounge, complimentary evening canapes and drinks in PEO lounge, complimentary pressing of your laundry on arrival day and so much more.
• Breakfasts at the hotel’s Savuti Grill on Day 2 and Day 3 (6:30-10:30 a.m.).
• Dinner at the hotel on Day 1.
*Want to stay an extra night or two? Make the most of your trip with our specially negotiated prices for pre- and post-night stays! Click select, then choose from the options available at the bottom of the “Check Availability” section.